* Membership dues are $50 for full (2 years for FT, 3 years for EP) membership.
* Eventbrite payment accepted until Sep. 12. Afterwards, we only accept cash or check.
* If you would like to pay by cash or check (payable to "Georgetown Operations Association"), please contact our VP of Finance Dan Hansfield (dhh29) or drop off the payment at his mailbox (be sure to send him an email letting him know that you dropped it off).
Welcome to the Georgetown Operations & Management Association (GOMA). Our mission is to develop a broad community of students and alumni committed to the production and services sides of business. This includes individuals interested in general management, leadership development programs, operations, retail, service management, logistics, entrepreneurship, finance, consulting, and manufacturing.
Our purpose is threefold:
· Increase awareness among Georgetown MSB students of the Operations and General Management fields and respective career opportunities.
· Help to educate Georgetown MSB students, with an interest in Operations and/or Management, by providing opportunities to observe facilities, interact with practitioners, and increase familiarity of available courses and their benefits.
· Provide career assistance to those interested in pursuing a career in Operations and/or Management by fostering relationships between club members, the MBA Career Center,Georgetown faculty, Georgetown alum, and working professionals.
GOMA sponsors several career events throughout the year which allow our members to network directly with professionals in various fields within Operations and General Management in particular, while developing and growing their own strengths and talents. Events will typically include:
- GOMA (Operations) Day
- Operations 101
- Participation in GE Case Competition
- Interview workshops
- Networking Sessions
- Speaker series
- Lunch & Learns
- Career Trek
GOMA also plans a number of other fun events, such as: Alum Get-togethers, Senior send-off barbecue, and happy hours that take place both on- and off-campus.