The Graduate Investment Fund (GIF) is a student-managed fund, comprised of contributions from both alumni and Georgetown's endowment. The fund currently is valued over $400,000. The club provides students the opportunity to develop their investing skills in an environment that supports learning, brings classroom theory to practice, and offers the practical experience of working with real money.
The Graduate Investment Fund’s objectives include:
- Managing an investment portfolio to outperform a comparable, risk-adjusted benchmark
- Educating members and colleagues about global financial markets, portfolio theories, and money management techniques
- Enhancing Georgetown's profile as a leader in global business education
- Developing leadership and team-building skills within a culturally diverse group
- Preparing regular performance reviews and market outlook reports
- Ensuring adherence to risk management procedures