The Graduate Investment Fund (GIF) is a student-managed fund, comprising of endowments and alumni contributions. The fund currently is valued over $350,000. The club aims to bring the various theories expounded in economics and techniques presented in finance to life by allowing members to make real investment decisions.
The Graduate Investment Fund’s objectives include:
- Developing and managing an investment portfolio to outperform a comparable, risk-adjusted benchmark
- Educating our members and colleagues about global financial markets, portfolio theories and money management
- Enhancing Georgetown's profile as a leader in global business education
- Developing leadership and team-building skills within a culturally diverse group
- Preparing regular market review and outlook reports, as well as performance reports for the Board
- Ensuring all risk management procedures are in place