Welcome to the Business and Government Association at Georgetown McDonough School of Business.
Our mission is to facilitate students' awareness of the opportunities that exist between the public and private spaces. We seek to serve as the platform upon which students interested in this intersection can pursue their goals. Through site visits, panel discussions and career coaching, we equip students with the knowledge and resources they need to excel in this field.
Businesses and governments tend to intersect in 3 general categories. We structure our club activities to reflect this dynamic and prepare students for their area of interest. See below an outline and examples of this dynamic.
|Public Side||Private Side||External Organizations|
|Government agencies that work with the private sector||Government Relations department of private organization||Federal consulting firms, trade organizations|
We host a variety of events throughout the year to provide insight into these different areas including:
- Federal consulting case workshops
- Site visits to major federal agencies, organizations, and private companies working in this area
- Networking opportunities with students and alumni
- Joint initiatives with other clubs within McDonough and across the university
- Strategic partnership with the Business Society and Public Policy Initiative (BSPPI)
If you are a current MBA student, you may access our student organization page and receive additional information about upcoming events here: https://orgsync.com/63794/chapter.